Review by quelper See Profile

• Location: San Francisco,San Francisco,CA
Good "Comcast BUSINESS actually provides customer service"
Bad "Still not working correctly"
Overall "Can you hear me now? No?"

I have had Comcast and Vonnage for years but the last year, as in all of 2011, I actually tried to use it and discovered I was unable to make a VOIP call, or do any gaming without severe lag.

At first Comcast tried to convince me it was my problem, so I dutifully replaced every piece of equipment that could possibly think of that may be causing the problem. RAM was the first on the list, but after over $2000 in new computer crap, I still had connectivity issues.

Of course "Tech" support is willing to listen to you bitch, and will advise you to remove your router from the mix, do a "Power cycle" but that is all they are trained for. So called, "tech support" is a facade. If you fail to fix your own problem with them on the line, of course if you are calling them on VOIP you CAN'T restart and still be on the phone with them, but they are too dumb to figure that out for themselves, but they will schedule a service appointment with one of their capable field technicians.

I told Comcast back in March 2011 that it was a line quality issue and I was seeing bad packet loss. They took no real action to fix my problem. Sure I had 5 or 6 install techs come to my home to run a new cable, change a modem, or connector, all saying "That was the problem!" They would of course hook up a laptop, run speed tests and show me everything was fine and dandy. It wasn't.

They were unable, or unwilling to fix it, so I canceled, and asked for a years credit, which I was given, and switched to Comcast Business Class. Unfortunately I am having some of the same issues, but they had an install tech and two trucks with lifts show up to fix it within hours of me reporting a dropout.

So far switching to Comcast Business has delivered the same crappy connection but offers actual, if not great customer service. Maybe it will actually be fixed.

Comments:

ArrayList
netbus developer
join:2005-03-19
Evanston, IL

Good luck.

hope your problems get fixed.
Donut

join:2005-06-27
Romulus, MI

That sucks

Business class is run on the same lines as residential service thats why you are still having issues, only difference is I hear they bend over backwards for the business customers.
Mr. Donut
quelper
join:2011-12-17
San Francisco, CA

Re: That sucks

Indeed they are bending over backwards, or seem to be, but it still isn't fixed.
Christendom
join:2008-12-05
Oakland, CA

Re: That sucks

So sorry to hear that about your service. One question, though: since you're in San Francisco, can you get Webpass as your Internet Service Provider? If you can, do it! My friend has it and it is great!

Here is a link to there site: »www.webpass.net/

I hope this helps...
Donut

join:2005-06-27
Romulus, MI

Have you tried this?

»Comcast Direct

The people who monitor the forum can and are willing to get problems resolved.
Mr. Donut

Cheese
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Perhaps....

It's time to ditch the 3rd party VOIP and get CDV.