Review by Goodmongo See Profile

• Location: Schaumburg,Cook,IL
Good "Cable speed and allowance"
Bad "Cable TV"
Overall "Good internet, decent phone, expensive cable TV"

I curently have no issues whatsoever with the internet portion of their bundle. In fact I found their customer service was betterr than average, once you got past the first tech that is.

In the 6+ years that I've had their service I had one major issue and it was resolved in a decent manner. As stated once I got past the first tech, who only wanted to blame it on my router, the issue was then isolated and resolved quickly. It ended up being a cable issue where they split off the phone and TV from internet services.

The big downside is the cost of the bundle. Cable TV is way over priced, and I have to make threats to leave Comcast to get what they are charging other customers. I did look into other alternatives like Comcast internet and phone and dish for TV but the price of internet alone from Comcast makes the savings just a couple of dollars a month.

As for speed and bandwidth Comcast meets our needs very well. I have an XBOX, and 4 PC's sharing the service. The only time I noticed and lag issues due to speed was when a movie was being streamed, the XBOX was being used playing Call of Duty, 2 PC's were playing WOW, another PC was downloading music and the last PC was also in an online game. Things got a little choppy in that situation.

While we aren't a big downloader we still do it. And the bandwidth alloted has been more than enough for our need. In fact the most we ever hit was about 70%.

I just wish cable TV was cheaper by allowing me to ala cart the channels. But I guess that has little to do with internet services.

Comments: