Review by EyeForget See Profile

• Location: Fort Lauderdale,Broward,FL
Good "What are the alternatives, ATT ???? Been there, never again."
Bad "A pleasure to deal with so far."
Overall "I'm happy."

I've been using ATT dsl for the last 11 years. At best they stink. The line was unreliable, the customer service was horrible and the tech support worthless. But, they did a superb job of sending me unsolicited mail every day.

Went to Comcast. A pleasure to deal with (complete shock), quickly installed, good work. Needed to change some billing stuff, spoke to ONE person (with ATT its an hour and at least 6 different people before you find anyone that can do anything). Did run into a technical bug in my router config and another ONE person call who led me through the Airport Extreme config within minutes. No rebooting stuff, no your modem is bad, no "it's not our fault", no 5 people to deal with.

This was the last step in getting rid of ATT. We moved 3 wireless accounts over to TMO, cancelled the land line and dsl. I am ecstatic.

Comments:
EyeForget

join:2010-01-31
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Update

At least 2 outages per week. Last anywhere from an hour to a few hours. Motorola SB6121 modem nothing but one problem after another. Works even though the blinking lights say it has no ethernet connection to my desktop, which is ethernet only, wifi deactivated.

BoteMan

join:2002-11-11
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Where are you? Updates?

I'm in Oakland Park near the K-Mart. I'm curious what part of Fort Lauderdale you are in because it does matter as far as Comcast's infrastructure.

Also, I see your comment about frequent outages. Are these frequent?

Do you have residential or commercial service?

Thanks for any updates you can provide.
»www.trackstreamer.com
Streaming police & fire public safety online scanners