Review by buddahbless See Profile

• Location: Premium
Good "pretty good (livable) service at my second house"
Bad "underlieying fees, high ping time, new digital tv boxes are $&#@."
Overall "When there is no other competition around you get stuck with...."

·AT&T DSL Service
Well the good the bad and the ugly.... Lets mainly focus on my Internet package only due to my other locations ( houses) having only TV and home phone with comcast . well Im currently on the 6 mbps package however I max out ( average) around 5.5 mbps down and 3.1 up from any given test ran from the DSLR site. which is not bad and compared to dsl I have a lot more upload speed, "the catch" is I have ATT dsl in at my house in IL and I only pay $15 a month ( through retention) for there service on the 3 mbps the best I ever did with comcast for internet was to knock off $10 a mth so essentially making my price $39.99 instead of $49.99 ( before taxes and fees). the up time is quite well Id say 95% were as with ATT DSL Im constantly on the phone monthly because of problems on my dsl line. I own my cable internet box which is a plus, however with my cable comcast home phone box they wont let customers own them so Im forced to pay them $7 a month extra for that which is highway robbery not to mention now In my area we have the small digital boxes for xfinity basic tv and the darn thing is always saying " temporary service interruption" note all the cable lines ( in house) were upgraded to rg6 before the switch . Over all there "Internet " service is reliable has decent response time with 2 laptops, sony media player and etc. all in use at the same time for a 6mpbs line, however there price for such low speed service is horrible and thats in comparison to ATT DSL who I dislike in general!

Comments:

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE

am i missing something?

so your upset that they cant match a retention deal?! ATT is doing you a favor.....companies dont need to do favors....ATT didnt have to offer the low rate, just as comcast isnt willing to deal.....
I'm better than you!

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
·AT&T DSL Service

Re: am i missing something?

If you read the entire post It not the the retention deal that cant be matched that upsets me Its all Comcasts extra fees, With almost anyone else It can be bypassed in various ways. Also ATT is not doing me a favor they have been offering DSL Internet services for $15 for almost a decade. Before I even became a member on BBR 8 yrs ago I had ATT DSL 1.5mpbs for $14.99 and so have many others the offer has carried over time after time. My main complaint is paying Comcast $7 a month for 1 voip phone/Internet box I could purchase outright with other services and save myself down the line and $5 per mth each for xfinity basic cable boxes. (which is pointless as I have NO specialty services and did not need this box when I had regular basic cable) I still only have the same limited channels as before but am paying an extra $10 a month for basic TV service due to needing a box NOTE: that NEVER turns off ( no built in power switch it must be unplugged) so its also a power vampire and Comcast is not paying my electric bill. For upping our electric bill they could at least not charge customers $5 for the basic xfinity digital cable box .