Review by berserken See Profile

• Location: Oakland,Alameda,CA
Good "Reliable"
Bad "More than I want to spend except for promotional discount"
Overall "It's decent bandwidth for competitive price, which is a little high, for me."

I'm on a 2-year promotion: $19.99/mo for first year, $34.99/mo for second year, plus modem and taxes.

Provisioned speed is about 15/2, 20/4 during the blast period. This has been trouble-free, for the most part, a few brief network outages. Self-install was easy with the modem coming quickly via Fedex.

17 January 2013: Pretty much trouble-free service, no down time. Functional, reliable, and relatively economical.

28 November 2013: Had some trouble with loss of sync. Online support was not satisfactory, poor communication, follow-through, or execution. At the nearby Comcast store, I felt I was helped quite well. Eventually, a tech came out, provided me with a new modem, his "favorite", an Arris WBM760A, tuned it with a terminating splitter, installed a grounding block on the drop, and reliability is back to what I've enjoyed originally. There has been a speed upgrade (~28/5) and I am paying a little short of $50 a month on another promotion. I will have to keep asking for a promotion price at the end of this term as it's still expensive, imo.

8 June 2014 Up to $54/mo. for 28/5. Reliability is good. Price is more than I think it ought to be but there is not much competition. Happy with the service, a bit dissatisfied with price, always looking around.

member for 3.3 years, 1731 visits, last login: a few hours ago