Review by clawfury See Profile

• Location: Rochester,Oakland,MI
Good "The service is very fast, with minimal interruptions. Techs are polite and friendly."
Bad "Customer phone service error prone and confusing"
Overall "Decent service, good price"

I've had comcast for several years - but just moved into a new home, so had the chance to move my service and get set up with new internet (I decided to drop the TV). The phone service person set up the service, and told me it was all connected and I wouldn't have to have anyone come out (great!). I get to the house, and the modem shows no connection. I call back, and person #2 says there appears to be no problem, but they will send out a tech. The tech arrived the next day, on time, and was very polite and helpful. It turns out there was NO connection to the house (poor phone support), but he ran a new line. The service is very quick - I have no connection problems. The modem is Motorola - I've had one previously, and had no issues.

I did check out AT&T before moving my service - but their install fees approached $300, so I quickly dropped that idea.

Overall, I like the speed and reliability of their service, but am a little iffy on their phone support, which can be hit or miss and provide you with erroneous information.

member for 2.4 years, 227 visits, last login: a few hours ago