Review by tunasub2 See Profile

• Location: Manteca,San Joaquin,CA
Good "Faster than DSL and cheaper"
Bad "Had to have tech come out and remove trap off of line. 5 days after ordering."
Overall "Fast speeds and cheaper than DSL since I don't have to also carry local phone service"

Order service as a self-install and was excited to get home and fire it up. But, to my dismay I had no sync.

So I checked my incoming connection outside and that was fine, I call Comcast and try and register the modem and they say they can't ; it was already registered to another account (the previous user brought it back to staples and they re-sold it.)

But, that was not the problem. With a new modem I tried and still had no service. So I called tech support to have a tech come out (5 days later)! I kept calling and told them this was not acceptable and I needed a sooner date. I told them that there is probably a trap on the line and it would take the tech 10 mins to climb and remove. They said sorry Friday was the best they could do.

So I waited till Friday, tech came out looked at pole and said he forgot his ladder and would be back (contractor). So 20 mins later he's back and up the pole to pull the trap and now I have service.

Tech was a nice guy and even setup the account and tested the computer without charging us the fee. So that was a good thing.

In conclusion, it's a great service for the price, just hope you don't have to call tech support.

Update: 10-10-2012

Comcast last month charge me 50.00 for the tech visit for trouble with their line. I called and the refused to take the charge off until I told them to disconnect the service then. At that point they credited the account 50.00 and told me to bay the 29.00 as usual.

Well the October bill just came and there is the 50.00 charge as a balance forward telling me to pay now. Guess I will dump Comcast since they can't get anything right and go for DSL. Will update what I do.

PS: The outsourced cust rep from India argued with me that this is a standard charge for problems on my side. I told him it was on their side at the pole. I argued I would climb it and have done it myself if I wouldn't face arrest. Idiot...

4-9-13
So far so good no problems.

Comments: