Review by adampsyreal See Profile

• Location: Chesterfield,Chesterfield,VA
Good "Good bang for the buck"
Bad "Low quality HD / Spotty Internet / Very Disorganized"
Overall "You get what you pay for (& the squeaky wheel gets the grease)"

So; Kevin Gray, Business Account Executive for Comcast Business Class walks into my shop to up-sell me some more Comcast services. I say that I am not interested & that the fewer interactions that I have with Comcast the better. He says that his prices are better and I would get referral bonuses I tell him that I've been screwed out of those bonuses & that it's not worth the headache. He continues to press his sale and I have to interrupt him so that I can get back to work.

Kevin Gray tells me "Fuck You" and storms out.

But left his business card. (804-915-5346 / Kevin_Gray@cable.comcast.com)

---------------PREVIOUSLY :-----------------------------------------------

After multiple calls to their sales team & their corporate headquarters; I signed my Business Class service contract with Comcast over a week ago & they still haven't scheduled an install date.

After being on hold for 30 minutes waiting on New Hampshire Sales Department to schedule an install date; I decided to bridge Philadelphia Corporate headquarters into a conference call. The result was:

*Corporate says "Someone will contact me by close of business today"

I finally get scheduled a pre-wire date on a Monday in which the timeframe is 1-5pm. I call at 2pm to chesk the status of the tech "Unknown" is Comcast's reply. Comcast tells me to call if he is late.

The tech is 20 minutes late to do a 1 hour job & the building owner is locking up for the night.

The tech tells me that the job will be automatically rescheduled on my behalf. I call Comcast as instructed & am told that at this hour they can not even reschedule it. I am told to call back in the morning.

It is now Tuesday, I call Comcast and am told that a tech was scheduled that very day in the morning and that we were already halfway through the timeframe. The building was locked that day as it is every Tuesday. I was never asked when I wanted my reschedule date to be.

Eventually I got my prewire.

========LATER===========

I then got my bill, which was 100$ higher than promised (the install fee was not waived as promised). It took over 6 phone calls to the Comcast Business Class sales department to get someone to answer the phone. People rarely ever called me back as they always promised. I eventually got a 4th person from Corporate to actually fix the bill & he then wanted some thanks for what he had done.

======In related Unprofessionalism========

I worked for Kabletown (read between the lines there) for 5 years. The Signal-to-Noise Ratios (or SNR) are KEY. Over the years my DownStream SNR has usually been fine [I can connect to others hosting games]. DS SNR can be seen on most modems by going to 192.168.100.1. However UpStream SNR can only be seen from the back offices, and most folks that work there don't know to check it. This signal affects hosting, file uploads, etc. Experienced Technicians (level 4+ with many years experience) know to look for this but rarely think about it. I had to keep on top of my local mainline crew for a year-and-a-half before it was fixed well enough. I can finally host Xbox games & my file uploads don't fail as much anymore.

*If you think customers get treated badly =try working there. I just recently left the company because I couldn't take being constantly reactive and rarely proactive. I was an in-house tech for 3 years and then moved into "tech support for the techs" the Day Of Job department. It is amazing that Kabletown has so much technology and potential but lets their red-tape prevent them from making great strides. In the meantime; full departments are staffed with solving problems that could be prevented with proper software testing and better training. Spending dollars to save pennies never makes sense.

I tried (with some success) to improve the level of service for a major part of the East Coast.

-But-

In the end management got tired of me holding them accountable from a subordinate position and we parted ways.

Comments:

Comcaster

@lessnetworking.net

All too true

I work for Kabletown too. You are right and it is the management that fails. They only care about metrics and sub numbers and if you have a problem they don't want to know about it