Review by ButtonBoy See Profile

• Location: Kingston,Kitsap,WA
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Good "Not sure- after three years of promises I still have no service"
Bad "worst customer service imaginable"
Overall "Unless you have an unlimited amount of cash & patience, avoid these clowns"

OK, I tried to deal with Comcast in a quiet civil manner using their own "Comcast Direct" forum. Well, it has worked no better than any other experience I have had with Comcast. To simplify my review, I will include the full thread from my experience with Comcast Direct below. Some data has been changed to protect the privacy of the innocent...

Cliff Notes for below:
Comcast has no desire to add more customers, as evidenced here. You may want to give them their wish.

************************************************************************
Date: Sept 10, 2012
Title: [Customer Service] A multi-year installation fiasco
I have had CenturyLink DSL since 1995, and they have never upgraded the equipment in that time. Well, I'm tired of the lousy speed, and want to try ComCast. So more than 2 years ago, I called Comcast and asked them if I could get connected.

I was told "yes", so I signed up for internet, cable and phone. Right up to the day of the installation, everything was fine- they said. Then when my telephone stopped working (CentenaryLink) and nobody had shown up yet from Comcast, I had to call from my mobile. It seems that somebody had said "yes" to me prematurely, as there was the need to trench in 700 feet of cable to get to the edge of my property. Getting my service restored to CL was a real mess...

Fast forward to 2012, and the Comcast local guy tells me that if I get both of my neighbors (total three of us) to each sign up for at least one CC service, the trenching work will be free to us and as soon as I get the signatures, they will schedule us for installation.

Now that I have those signatures, I am told that I have to come up with another $2600.00 because they had not done a good job of routing the wires around my town, and Comcast wants me to pay for this rewire effort.

I really want a faster internet connection and a satellite connection that doesn't blink out in a rainstorm is just icing on the cake. However, the communications have been very poor, and the random excuses like needing more money from me has turned this into a very bad experience for me. Is there anyone who can help me resolve these issues? Please?
{ Following this was my personal contact info for Comcast to use in tracking this issue}

Date: Sept 11, 2012
I've escalated it to the regional management office to take a look. Someone will be in touch with you soon.
ComcastSteve

Date: Sept 12, 2012

Yeah... somebody called and talked to my wife. I called her back (the rep) and got her vmail. So far no reply. No different than any of the others at ComCast so far.

***********************************************************************************
Date: Sept 13, 2012

Getting the rep to call you back.
ComcastSteve

Date: Oct. 30, 2012

Six weeks go by and no call yet. No wonder cable companies have such a poor cs reputation.

Comments:
rody_44
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

Thats not bad

so basically they want 2600 dollars for 700 feet of trenching. Dude that is dirt cheap
Donut

join:2005-06-27
Romulus, MI

Re: Thats not bad

I dont think its about the 2600 dollars. I think its about being lied to.
Mr. Donut
ButtonBoy

join:2011-01-22
Kingston, WA
It's $2600 to redesign the wiring between the CO and my house. I'm paying for their engineering mistakes.