Review by akhilleus See Profile

• Location: Vancouver,Clark,WA
Good "speed seems okay"
Bad "Service, Tech Support, Website, Long Phone Holds"
Overall "Garbage"

I have had comcast for a long time (only service available to me) and I always dread having to call them for anything. After waiting on hold forever and if you manage to get through the person you reach will be of no help and will want to transfer you to someone else right away. The person you are transferred to will no doubt attempt to do the same thing and this cycle will usually repeat until they just disconnect your call. The website is just garbage and packed with tons of ads and more crap they would love to sell you. Trying to do something simple like pay a bill can be an hour long bonanza of spinning hour glasses and website failures. If there is a network outage on comcasts side the tech support people seem to be the last to know about it. They had a network status notification app but everyone quickly found out that it didn't work and has been removed (who needs to know these things anyway right?). Anytime I have had to deal with comcast via phone or web chat it has been the most unproductive and maddening experience of my life. I just cannot say enough bad things about this crappy company. I hope this monopoly they have gets busted up and/or the they go bankrupt. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE COMPANY.

Comments:
tdumaine
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

um

Comcast isnt the only isp in vancouver washington

daveingeb

@direcpc.com

They are too busy to connect me

Rural Washington, Snohomiush County. I have had Hughes Satellite. Iwill do anythng for a broadband connection. So...In Sept my neighbor across the street paid $5k to comcast to run coax to his house from the fiber tap 4 poles down. Now there's a splitter on my phone pole so I called and asked for service. It has been three months, I have the number of the engineer and call her (CASEY BROWN) every two weeks for the past three months. There's always another reason or excuse as to why they are not working on my project. What's a person to do...
nrobot80

join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

Re: They are too busy to connect me

Try to get in touch with your local franchise authority. Let them know that Comcast extended the plant to in front of your house and you would like to pay for service. Its a lot of work but in the long run you will get service.