Review by TruSm0ke See Profile

• Location: Monroe,Monroe,MI
Good "Speeds are fast and reliable."
Bad "Expensive for higher tier-speeds after any promotion ends, bill shock is possibility"
Overall "Service is fantastic w/hardly any downtime, but can be expensive if purchasing higher tier speeds"

I currently have the Triple-Play package(HD Premier XF Bundle) which includes phone, TV, and Internet service together.

TV:

My TV service is called Digital Premier and includes HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax, Sports Entertainment Package, Streampix, access to Premium On Demand Programming, Video Equipment, Internet Service and Digital Voice Unlimited.

For the most part, TV service is reliable but there are times when the cable will cut out with what I'd imagine are updates to the service from Comcast's end. Service will eventually resume. An issue that I have with the TV service is that everything looks a bit on the old side & outdated. GUI and Comcast TV guide seem very outdated and I'd wish they would upgrade this to be more convenient and easier on the eyes. Some of the newer Set-top boxes available are much nicer to look at and come with tons of exciting new features.

Phone:

Works as it should. Nothing too exciting or innovative here except for digital voicemail and a new texting service. These are both things my household barely uses. Not saying they're not helpful, but we have an answering machine here so that cancels any convenience these features provide to us.

As for call quality, I'd say this is just alright. Not great but not bad either. There are times when I can hear crackling and static sounds. But that only happens occasionally. Most of the household uses their cell phones anyways, so the house phone is used mostly for international calls to relatives and emergencies.

Internet:

We currently are on the Blast! Internet service package for Internet. Our package is rated for 20mbps download and 4mbps upload. These speeds were only possible with a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. Speeds are fantastic and reliable. Our internet service had issues a few years ago but after a number of tech visits, the issue was finally fixed. Since then our internet service has hardly gone down except for a few exceptions here and there.

Because our household is heavily connected with cell phones, tablets, desktop PCs, laptops, etc. We rely heavily on being able to have fast speeds and reliability. Comcast, thus far, has kept their end of the bargain. They have offered us both incredible speeds & service, as well as tech support free of charge for the times when that was needed. Tech's are always very friendly and arrive on time. Have never had any issues with any of the techs that have come to help.

Of course, all of this comes with a price. Of course. In the beginning, our bill was about $145 a month for these services. This was about 2 or so years ago when we renegotiated our bill. I'm assuming that because our bill is now about $230 a month that it's due to our promotion running out? Again, I assume this because for the last year or so we've been paying this $230 price.

If you have the means & ability to pay prices like that every MONTH, you should be happy with the services Comcast offers. Because of my families heavy reliance on these services we've agreed to keep the service and it's current price. But with the new year(and recent price hike notices I'm reading online) will come a call from me trying to renegotiate a lower bill.

** I'm going to keep this review as a work in progress. I'll continue to offer updates and notes here on my current services from Comcast.

member for 9.3 years, 1892 visits, last login: a few hours ago