Review by agaprazr See Profile

• Location: Salem,Marion,OR
Good "Steady, Reliable service"
Bad "Pricing for business internet is high"
Overall "Needed business internet for home based business static line"

We have a home based business that requires use of static IP. We had to go get the business class internet in order to get this feature. Overall the reliability, speed, and service has met our expectations. We really do not have any bad experiences so far.

Comments:
johnswolter

join:2007-11-20
Ann Arbor, MI

Reply to Review Comcast

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking for alternative solutions to the static IP issue. I know Comcast is famous for overcharging for any such add-on feature.

There are ways around this issue of needing a static IP. Without going into detail for your security sake, I can image various reasons you need a static IP. Most, not all, have technical workarounds.

If one of these can be applied it should be possible to relieve you of the extra static IP cost. There are yearly costs that apply to these alternative solutions but they are most likely half the cost. They also should be more flexible like for example how service outages are handled.

The second question raised is why do you need a static IP? If you are self-hosting at your office there are very secure and much less expensive online choices. If you have special devices or equipment attached these might utilize some of the alternatives I'm suggesting.

Cheers,

join:2005-01-08
Salem, OR

Re: Reply to Review Comcast

John,
I wasn't asking, just stating. We have a home based business where medical records (HIPPA) issues are involved that requires a secure site to site VPN, and the company that we are working with required a static IP address and SonicWalls on both ends. Overkill I thought, but thier requirement. Small price to pay actually so that my wife can work from home.
...and the greatest of these is love. 1Cor.13:13