Charter page on DSLReports

Review by Dogg See Profile

• Location: Belleville,Saint Clair,IL
Good "Good speed, very reliable"
Bad "none"
Overall "Good service with great reliability"

Tech arrived on time and install took less than 1 hour. He ran a new cable from the pole to the house, and then a new cable to my computer room. I asked him not to install the Charter software and he left it off. Computer has been up and running great since.

Only outage was last month after major thunderstorms and tornadoes thrashed our area.

I have the 1500/128 GOLD package and I am getting every bit of the pipe and then some.

My only complaint is news service. Retention was only 2-3 days in some groups and download speed is limited to 128. However, in the last month or so, retention has increased to about 21 days.
**NOTE** my price is after a discount for also having digital cable tv service

Just thought that I should note that I've had this service for almost 3 years

Service is still very reliable and fast. I now have the 3000/256 package

I now have the 5M/512 package. d/l speeds are very good. Reliability has NOT been an issue for me, with the exception of a 2 day period of slowness during the 3M to 5M conversion.

EDIT: I've been on the 10M/1M package for the last year or so. Aside from a prolonged outage which was a result of the severe ice storm that struck the midwest last winter, I have had no outages. Even during the one outage, my Charter service was restored before my electricity. Overall I have been very pleased with my service and if my price drops as the result of the new 16M service I will be extremely happy.

UPDATE: Currently on the 16/2 package. Reliability has been exceptional. The last major outage was several years ago as noted in the EDIT above. Speed results are consistently in the 15/2 range.

UPDATE: Service was currently upgraded to the new 25/3 package. After upgrading my modem from an old Motorola 4102 to the new Motorola 6102, I am speed testing at 30/3.5. No other performance or trouble issues to note.

UPDATE: Now on the 60/5 plan. Been using this tier for approx. 2 months now. Speeds are good and testing shows avg. 62/5.4. Service has been reliable with no issues.

UPDATE: Was using the 100/5 package and downgraded to the 30/4 package.

UPDATE: Speeds were upgraded to 60/4 and consistently test at those speeds. No issues to report.

member for 11.1 years, 1473 visits, last login: a few hours ago