Charter page on DSLReports

Review by Synbios See Profile

• Location: Worcester,Worcester,MA
Good "It rarely disconnects"
Bad "Slow connection (but as advertised), Too Expensive!"

I'm located in Worcester, MA. This is the only cable ISP available in my area.
Their base charge was $52.99 a month, plus $5.00 modem rental, I was originally paying $57 which is still a lot for 4Mbps/256kbps service.

Then they ADDED 2 dollars more a month so that was supposed to bring the total to $60/month. Somehow that ends up to be 61.99 that goes on the actual bill after some bogus "delivery charges". (apparently charter doesn't have contracts, I stand corrected, so they can legitimately increase the price of your service at any time)

I am now paying $62 every month for 4Mbps/256kbps service.

Revision:
After having Charter for close to 3 years, strangely my cable got disconnected from the pole. I was without an internet connection for close to full work week before a tech came over to reconnect me.

Also, since my previous contract ended, I was able to get a new contract for $50 (no extra fees) and not including modem rental for a 16/2 Mbps advertised speed. I'm lucky to even get 14 Mbps down, but upload is pretty close to 2 Mbps most of the time. Still kinda pricey, but definitely an improvement over my last plan (bang for buck ratio at least).

Comments: