Charter page on DSLReports

Review by Metatron2008 See Profile

• Location: Stockbridge,Henry,GA
Good "Excellent speed! Good ping!"
Bad "Took over a month to install the service."
Overall "Excellent if they install it right..."

All we got was 10 megs cable. We called and had it ordered.

They sent some dude over a week later. Wanted to connect the old cables from 1992 (Last time we had cable) and told us the outside pole was dead!

They had 3 more guys come out, to connect the outside box that was never connected. None could.

A month later a guy came out to look at the pole... And found it worked. OMG.

They set up the service, and it hasn't gone down in 3 months.

To be honest, from our dealings with charter, it's a good company with bad ideals. They hire too many contractors without checking their qualifications.

If they not only hired but kept actual skilled contractors, it wouldn't have been a month until I got service.

UPDATE 11/15/2008: Service still strong, no speed losses, glad as hell they decided to hook it up. Hooping faster speeds make their way here.

UPDATE 05/19/2009: My service has been upgraded to 20 megs. Service is now a bit worse, not as reliable, but also better, as for some reason my ping which was at 32 or above has been stuck at 10-19 ping, even when bad download speeds exist.

UPDATE 03/09/2010: Speed upgraded to 25/3 for free, with speedboost. Since I'm on a pole all by myself, I get a speed of 32/3 95% of the time.

UPDATE 02/07/2012: Now on ultra 100. Most of the time I get the ultra 100 speeds. At least in the 80 mbit range. Beats anything else around.

member for 6.3 years, 3418 visits, last login: a few hours ago