Charter page on DSLReports

Review by rahlquist See Profile

• Location: Villa Rica,Carroll,GA
Good "Connection is faster than anything else we can get. "
Bad "Installer was not familiar with DirecTV equipment."
Overall "Be wary."

I have to say I was warned there would be problems but I only have had two issues so far. One the installer had to disconnect some of the connections from my DirecTV equipment at the POI outside in order to tone out the jacks to find the one for the room I wanted the modem in. In the processes he hooked the cable with the Power Inserter for my setup to the wrong port rendering my setup dead. I didn't realize this till after he left because he asked me top power all the DirecTV stuff off and unplug it so it wouldn't interfere with his toning process. So my fault for not testing before he left, after I realized this I called him back and asked him to return, he was already on another job so I told him I could wait, meanwhile I powered up my power inserter and went out and checked the cables, found the right one, hooked it back to the right port and everything worked. I then contacted him and told him I'd fixed it and he didn't need to come back.

Secondly was the misscharges. Before I ordered I came here and got a quote of;
- 2 year service agreement @ $29.99/mo for 8/1 Base Package
- 12 months free 16/2 HSI Plus Upgrade ($10/mo after)
- $5/mo Modem Lease
Installation is $35.

So I jumped on it. When the Bill arrived it was
$54.99 for service
$25.00- credit
$10 Plus Upgrade
$5 modem rental
$49.99 install

I posted about this over in the direct forum here and they corrected it, but its a shame it was ever wrong in the first place.

UPDATE:
tl;dr their customer service is AWFUL.
Please see my threads »[HSI] *RANT* Charter Business Internet and »[HSI] For gods sake whats it take to get good service

member for 12.4 years, 1827 visits, last login: a few hours ago