Charter page on DSLReports

Review by dsl14350 See Profile

• Location: Holland,Ottawa,MI
Good "Internet speeds are good, cable TV works as it should."
Bad "Sometimes internet connection drops for short while, could be my equipment."
Overall "Charter has been very reliable for over 10 years at my current house."

·VOIPO
Sorry for waiting eleven years to write this review...

In a nut shell, Charter service here is Steady Eddy,

When we built our house in 2000, we were told that we were too far from CO for att dsl (14000') so we went with Charter and haven't regretted it yet. Have found out sometime ago that dsl is now available ( and now uverse) but knowing that I'm so far from CO, not willing to go that route yet(although I have seen new att boxes installed closer to house over summer).

Charter install was great, they worked with local power company who was
installing underground electric service and the two companies buried their wires in the same trench. Two years ago had HDTV added to one tv and install and service is good.

We had Charter Phone for two years but proved too expensive for us. The phone service was very good and no down time, but with cost of service and phone taxes and us having cellphones, just couldn't see keeping it.

Charter has been increasing their internet speeds over time and I welcome this and keeps it better than dsl.

As with most people, price is always on my mind. I have used the Charter Direct forum here to get help when needed and they have been great.

member for 9.1 years, 2663 visits, last login: a few hours ago