Charter page on DSLReports

Review by mj3431 See Profile

• Location: STL, MO
Good "Consistently stable and reliable service"
Overall "With multiple options, Charter is still my preferred choice"

Recently AT&T U-Verse was activated in my area and they've been offering me hundreds to switch. However the lackluster picture quality and slow Internet keeps me planted with Charter. For the money we have 2 HD boxes (+ 1 CableCard), Internet & phone with unlimited LD.

Service has been pretty stable since install with only a few outage windows. Although I wish Charter Direct were still around, the phone support folks seem to get the job done if prodded correctly. The current standard Internet offering is 30/4Mbps for residential and 60/4Mbps for business folks with packages up to 100/5Mbps which is far and above what any competitor currently offers.

Charter continues to improve their offerings year over year with additional HD channels, and faster Internet with average price increases along the way. With the support for CableCard I have my own 6 tuner DVR without the fees and hassles of DirecTV or U-Verse equipment.

My only wish is that some day Charter will move to FTTP like some telcos are doing.

Comments: