Charter page on DSLReports

Review by jollo See Profile

• Location: Athens,Clarke,GA
Good "Speeds as advertised or better, service is good"
Bad "The Charter corporation is run by sleaze"
Overall "Good service, lowlife corporation"

I actually like the Charter internet service I have. What I do not like is the way Charter does business.

I don't have a contract and I ignore the endless snail mail spam Charter inundates me with. Today, I get a piece of mail from Charter raising my rates $3 per month effective *today*. I called them to cancel the service and they end up dropping the rates $10/month for a year after I threaten to cancel. But... first they try to hit me with the old upsell routine.

After I hang up, I realize the whole point of the bums rush rate hike is to get you to call, so they can hard sell you on the phone. They are afraid to contact you with a sales call and piss you off, so they make you call them. I bet it works well enough, that the few temporary rate reductions they give are offset 10 times by the upgraded packages they sell.

I H A T E sleazy, lowlife, stupid corporate tricks.

Comments:

pillsbury

@charter.com

Charter Crap!

Right you are! I have Charter in CT and it's all the same. They're a terrible company with a lousy reputation in EVERY market they serve!
damu

join:2010-07-04
Hesperia, CA

Charter

You should try doing contacting them through the Charter Direct forum next time. Those guys really know customer service and have impressed me enough that I thought I should share after reading your review.

I had just received that same mailing (about the $3 price increase) a couple of days ago, too.