Charter page on DSLReports

Review by meskinct See Profile

• Location: Southbury,New Haven,CT
Good "Reliable"
Bad "Upload needs a boost"
Overall "Seems Okay - Really my only option"

15-DEC-2014-
Went all digital in September followed by a bump to 60/4 about three weeks later. Connection remains solid with speed tests of 66dn/4.3up. Unfortunately as part of the speed bump, the initial bursting went away. I was getting burst of over 240dn. Bonding 8 downstream and one upstream presently using a Cisco DPC3008 modem. Only thing lacking that I see is upstream bonding and an increase in upstream speeds as well as native IPv6/dual stack.

04-FEB-2013-
The internet connection is great. Solidly pulling 33dn/4up with a SB6121 modem supplied by Charter. Bursts on the downstream of over 110. The service is solid and consistent. Never have a slow down that I have detected. Pings are good and I have not experienced any packet loss.
TV - I'm an HD snob. The service is fair. I would love more HD but their base package is acceptable for the price. I am still on a 1yr promo for $107 for everything. This is $30 less (-$10 on the net, -$20 on the TV) than the normal rates.
Never has to deal with support so I can't speak to that.
Overall - satisfied for what I'm paying vs. what I'm getting.

02-OCT-2012 - New customer as of 9/28/2012
Service seems good so far. 30dn/4up
Service install was smooth. Techs showed up on time, pulled new service to house as it's new construction, terminated all ends, checked signals, all good!
Charter has supplied a Motorola 6121 modem.
Will update this review after a few months of service.

member for 12.9 years, 6884 visits, last login: a few hours ago