Charter page on DSLReports

Review by cojoe3 See Profile

• Location: Holden,Worcester,MA
Good "internet speed"
Bad "less HD than I had with directv, channel guide is ugly."
Overall "the tv hd quality is good and internet and phone has been solid."

I haven't used charter for several years, when I was a customer the tv picture was awful. I was a long time directv customer and was very pleased the service. When I moved a few years back I couldn't get a satellite signal at the new house. I went to charter and was reminded why I left them in years prior. The picture would pixelate and the none digital channels were poor, at that time their internet speeds weren't very different than dsl. I went to the extent to remove a couple problem trees and mounted a dish in the backyard and goodbye charter. Well fast forward a few years and with a gamer and several iPads in the house, the dsl just wasn't enough. I held my nose and made the call to charter and went for the triple play, with kids I like to have a home phone. I put the order in online, I setup the install date and time, and didn't make high expectations. Well, I got a courtesy call the night before the install, the installer showed up on time and did a good job. I have only had the service for a week but no issues to report. I check the internet speed using speakeasy, speedtest.net and comcast and they vary from 30-40 meg. The HD picture is good, but the channel guide is lacking, and the number of HD channels is not that impressive. I have been following broadband reports since it was dsl reports and charter rates near the bottom for cable, up til recently I would have agreed. Not to say that things will change but for now I'm a happy customer.

Comments: