Charter page on DSLReports

Review by hjorth See Profile

• Location: Sugarloaf,San Bernardino,CA
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (month by month)
Good "Connection is consistant"
Bad "Sales support poor, technical support poor"
Overall "I would choose anything else if it was available"

Well, sales support is about as poor as I have ever experienced. For the last 6 years I have told Charter that when I submit my address and zip code into their system it states that Charter service is not available even though I have had Charter service for over 8 years. Because of this I am not able to view Charter costs on-line. I am forced to call a Charter sales person who does not (or will not) fix this problem and then proceeds to tell me what I can get from them which I know is much higher that the quotes rates on the web site. Technical support evolves calling someone who asks if my cable modem is plugged in and then on and on with questions even though I tell them exactly my problem. After that I am transferred to 2nd level support who asks the same questions- again! I asked for a cable card at the local Charter office and the support person told me they do not let users have their own cable cards. It was only after I called Charter support and threatened to sue them did they finally offer me the cable card as required by FCC regulations. This company needs a class action lawsuit to get their attention.

Comments:

mtn_area

@charter.com

Hey

I'm down in Crestline and I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Every time I've called in to Charter they have given me the prices stated on the website, maybe try checking out the Charter office in Skyforest and speaking to an actual person there.