ProLog page on DSLReports

Review by Zarggg See Profile

• Location: Bethlehem,Northampton,PA
Good "Easy setup"
Bad "Horrible policies and speeds"
Overall "Only choice for my location"

The service itself works, however I honestly cannot recommend this service to anyone.

A year ago, I moved from Easton to Bethlehem. At my old house, I had a 10Mbps/1Mmbps connection with RCN (with the option of upgrading to 20/2) that worked beautifully. However, in my new apartment complex, phone/cable/internet is only handled by Service Electric (internet service offered via PenTeleData/ProLog). I started with a 5Mbps/800kbps connection.

The setup went beautifully, and everything works fine except for the occasional outages when service is scheduled. I soon upgraded to a 10Mbps downstream connection. Unfortunately, this is the highest grade connection they offer, and do not offer upstream rates beyond 800kbps.

In addition to that, they have exceedingly low bandwidth caps. Any usage beyond 250GB in one month (combined upstream and downstream) is considered "excessive use" and they charge $1 per GB beyond that limit.

I would love the opportunity to switch back to RCN, but I don't even have the option. I am forced to use this provider or have no service at all because of my location.

Comments: