Clearwire page on DSLReports

Review by revmichaeld See Profile

• Location: Gwynn Oak,Baltimore,MD
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Can get service anywhere in Baltimore,"
Bad "it's not as fast as Comcast but it is plenty fast for what I need."
Overall "If you are looking for an easy install without technicians and want to use your computer anywhere than Clearwire is it"

I have only had the service for a few days but I can say the service has been awesome. I love the fact that I can get online without having to search for a hotspot or using my cellphone to surf that net when I am not home. The speed of the service is decent and I have not experienced any outages or service failures. The installation was easy for my home computers I just swapped out my cable modem and installed the new home wireless modem to the router and the new laptop that I purchased from Clear was already active when I turned on the computer for the first time.

So I will have to give this service A rating right now.

UPDATE 9/17/2011

I have had Clearwire for my home and laptop for about 2 years and I am still enjoying a decent service. Service has been very reliable regarding both speed and outages. I can only count 1 time when the service was about for about 5 minutes and about 1 other time when it was about for about 2 minutes.

The speed of the service is not as fast as cable or a high end DSL or FIOS line but for what I need I have been more than happy. I have not experienced heavy throttling on my service and I use about 20GB per month on average per computer.

I have never had to reposition the modem for any reason other than aesthetics and the modem still consistantly pulls 5 bars. I rarely see the signal drop to 4 bars and have yet to see it go to 3 or less bars.

Billing is consistent they bill me $60.29 per month and the price has never chanaged since I have received services.

I rarely contact customer support but when I have I have had 100% resolution of any issues or questions that I call about. I have never had a multi- day issue occur.

I would continue to recommend this service to anyone who needs a medium duty Highspeed easy to use home or mobile internet service. I have avoided the phone product in favor of Nettalk and the service so far has made the Nettalk product a top rated product in my home.

member for 14.2 years, 1654 visits, last login: 345 days ago