Clearwire page on DSLReports

Review by mikalares See Profile

• Location: Erlanger,Kenton,KY
  • Telco party Cincinnati Bell
Good "Good speeds, excellent signal strength, cheap."
Bad "Nothing yet?"
Overall "If it stays this way, I'll be a happy camper."

»speedtest.net/result/1322648214. ··· 8214.png

It's only been a day, but I'm consistently seeing speeds between 8-12 Mb/s on the down and I'm hitting the 1 Mb/s cap on the up every time, all afternoon and into the evening. I live under five miles from seven Clearwire towers, with the closest being about half a mile from me. Maybe this is the reason I'm getting such good results? I'm not an extremely heavy user, but I guess it remains to be seen on the capping.

I bought my Clearspot so I'm not under any contract.

UPDATE: I've been with Clear for a month now. Outside of one problem in the beginning in which my Clear Spot's wireless connection was 'spotty' (little pun intended there) and Clear made me jump through hoops before giving me the switch from unlimited Mobile to unlimited Home, I really couldn't be happier.

I consistently see speeds well above the 3-6Mbps I'm paying for and it's only dropped below the 3 one time. I've had a handful of minor outages during really bad thunderstorms, but none of them have lasted longer than 20 minutes. I've seen no sign of the reported 'throttle monster' and let me tell you I have USED my internet. I've treated it no differently than I would any other ISP. I've streamed Netflix and Hulu both on my laptop and via Roku boxes. I've downloaded tons of files. I can't say for sure how much data I've used, but know that it's a lot. I understand that results vary greatly with this service depending on location, but where I'm at? It's been well above my expectations.

Comments: