Clearwire page on DSLReports

Review by jerrysfl See Profile

• Location: Hollywood,Broward,FL
Good "Not AT&T"
Bad "Not as fast as advertised, gateway sucks"
Overall "Not bad for the price , when it works it's very fast. good alt to AT&T"

ClearWire 4g is a good alternative to AT&T faster speed for about the same price and so far no real problems. Basic service $35 for up to 1.5 Mbps down and .5 up. I try that first and got 1.9 down and .5 up I upgraded to the $50 plan advertised at 6 down and 1 down and am a little disappointed getting 3 down .75 up about half of advert speed 1/2 mile from tower with great signal . Ordered to express hub gateway hopping I would not need anything has built in wi Fi and 2 Ethernet ports but the wi fi range sucked 15 feet away in another room poor signal strength no matter which channel one uses. Had to just use ip pass trough to my old faintful Linksys WRT54gl , I have tried to replace her for something faster a newer but never found anything better and more stable. Inthink I will keep Clearwire but go back to basic plan $35 do see any speed difference for the extra $15 . If I did it again I would of just order the cheapest moden and use my own router since their Express Hub is not very good. update 6/2012 still works well no outage speed still the same , not bad. Stream sling box dish no problem , vpn , ddns and magic jack all work fine. Still happy.

Comments: