Windstream page on DSLReports

Review by badd See Profile

• Location: De Queen,Sevier,AR
Good "Up Time is Fantastic"
Bad "Once again cs reps are dumber than dirt. Where did they dig up this latest batch."
Overall "Very well satisfied overall"
(ratings well above consensus)

Windstream in De Queen now has top tier of 12000/756. Service is outstanding 99% up time and speeds are really good. Upload speed changed to 756 Have had them since 2002 and have only been down 5 times. Four of them due to some idiot cutting the fiber optics cable. Other option is Cable and it sucks on price and service.

CS Reps were fine when Windstream first took over from Alltel then they Outsorced it and went to hell moved it back to USA and once again it was fine

Now it has gone to pot again. They are dumber than dirt.

member for 12.9 years, 4036 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated 1 year ago

Comments:

Comcastfan

@swbell.net

bait and switch

This company is a total fraud, I received printed flyers in the mail, talked to the service reps before switching from Comcast to Windstream. I was promised high speed internet for 29.99. I got my bill and it was over $110 plus $25 per month for the modem (which didn't work). They think high speed is 3mb download speed. They gave me 12MB after promising 24mb speed and charged me an additional $5. Their surcharges and other fees are outrageous. I was paying $53 a month for 50mb from Comcast. I have had this service for 2 days and am trying to cancel now. They told me they won't take back the modem and tons of other b.s. DO NOT USE THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE UNLESS YOU ENJOY GETTING RIPPED OFF.