Windstream page on DSLReports

Review by ChadS81 See Profile

• Location: Saint Marys,Elk,PA
  • Telco party AllTel
Good "When functioning properly the speeds are fast as advertised and stable."
Bad "Frequent connection issues"
Overall "There are very little options for high-speed in this area."

I began with the 3MB package for about $40 a month, during the first year I owned the service I experienced frequent connection issues and after half a dozen tech visits my connection was relatively stable with an occasional issue. I recently upgraded to the 6MB package for $45 a month and it has been giving me a lot of problems. Very slow speeds, lag spikes and delays, etc. There is no high-speed cable available in this area or I would without a doubt drop Windstream for high-speed cable after using Cox Cable for years without a single issue when I lived in Oklahoma City.

8/18/2011 The service has dramatically improved, but is still troublesome at times. It's very disappointing because you can't beat my attenuation level, I'm a stone throw away from the DSLAM

4/4/2012 I've been on the 12MB package for some time now and the speed is great, unfortunately it disconnects often and at times the latency will spike up sky high. Why can't verizon run FIOS through my area?

Comments:

Wind What

@windstream.net

I must be lucky

After reading the comments here I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Windstream here ony goes down nightly from 5:30 p.m. until 12:30 a.m. That's only 7 hours a day I'm paying for and can't use it. It will test at .13Mbps d/l speed.

Tonight a customer service rep told me he'd be happy to terminate my service if I'm not happy.

Tomorrow I call the PUC.