TELUS page on DSLReports

Review by Lesaonar See Profile

• Location: Victoria,BC
  • Telco party Telus
Good "Stable connection"
Bad "Support is abhorent. I knew more than the TSR I talked to. Billing is just as bad, if not worse, than tech support."
Overall "Your experience may be different than mine, but I don't recommend Telus."

Due to Shaw's bait and switch tactics, as well as implementing ubb without informing the customer, we decided to come back to Telus. Install is booked for this morning (Jan 7, 2011). Will update again after install is complete. We decided to go the contract route due to incentives (xbox360 and PVR) and we're paying less than we were with Shaw.

Update:

Install was pretty much flawless. Only 1 small problem that I'll be able to work out -----myself. Installer was a really nice guy and worked like a dog while here. Kudos to Kevin Johnson, the installer.

Really good experience, overall, this time around. Will be recommending to everyone I know.

Update:

Speeds are rock solid and no complaints at all about TV. Support leaves a bit to be desired, when I've had to use it which isn't often.

Update:

Billing has got to be the worst I've seen. If you don't keep on top of your billing details they will charge you for things you are supposed to be credited monthly for or sneak in the odd mediaroom charge for Xbox360 (which is free). Has happened on more than one occasion. Of course contacting support gets it fixed, but that's not the point. Never had these issues with Shaw in the 10+ years we were with them.

Update Nov 16, 2011

Have had nothing but issues since late Aug/early Sept. A total of 7 technicians and line technicians have been out since then with absolutely no improvement, in fact after every visit it's gotten worse. We called tonight and finally cancelled service. Although the support of the Telus techs that frequent this site has been incredible, the on-site support has been horrendous to say the least.

Update Dec 6, 2011

Telus has yet to release our tel # to Shaw so it can be ported. Had Shaw installed on Dec 1st and they've submitted numerous tickets to Telus yet our number still hasn't ported.

Comments: