TELUS page on DSLReports

Review by crazyea See Profile

• Location: Surrey,BC
  • Telco party Telus
Good "New Turbo download speed is very fast"
Bad "Upload is still low, Price could be a little lower. Would prefer no contracts. Higher transfer caps would be better."
Overall "Lesser of two evils. Telus > Shaw for me."

·Shaw
Signed a contract for the 3.0 plan a little over 2 years ago. Bumped up the speed within two months for 6.0. Never had a problem at all with the speed or connection. Never had to call into tech support. Extremely happy.

They advertise the rate protections plans as a benefit, however if you are in a contract and want to bump up a level they charge the non-contract price for the upgrade. If the price goes down, yours stay up. Whats the benefit? A negative if you ask me. Price is a little higher than Shaw for a bit lower overall speed. I do prefer the consistent speed of ADSL over the shared speed of Cable.

A few days ago I upgraded to Turbo. They had me hooked up in 4 days from the order. A really nice lineman came over to my house and spent a couple of hours making sure I was completely happy. Initially they had my upload capped at 512, in the end he had it fixed at 1mbps.

As of right now could not be happier. In 7 months when my contract is up I will have to re-evaluate my position.

Comments: