Access US page on DSLReports

Review by megarock See Profile

• Location: Saint Louis,Saint Louis City,MO
  • Telco party Southwestern Bell
Good "They installed the line on time."
Bad "Would be fast, if it ever worked"
Overall "Worst service I have ever had in my life....BEWARE!!!"

·Charter
At first, I thought it would be the best ISP I ever had. Boy, was I ever fooled. This experience was the worst ISP experience I ever had!

I originally subscribed in September of 2001. The speeds were good, the service was installed in a reasonable amount of time. Those were the good points.

Now the bad. The billing department must have been on crack. They screwed up my billing on all but three bills, began billing me before the service even worked then decided not to send me a bill for four months, then decided to charge me a fee for receiving my bill in the mail!\

Then, the real fun began. The service went completely down in April of 2002 and remain almost completely unusable until almost August of 2002. They continued to send bills charging me for the entire time (finally dropped). The service, when restored, was lucky to reach 100.0 (even though I was promised a minimum of 120.0) and most of the time was lucky to hit 75.0. Then at the end of September 2002 it began to lose sync and drop connections alot - finally going almost inoperable again by the first week of October. I receive one phone call (have an answering machine and caller ID) being told "We've been trying to get hold of you for some time". Yeah, right fool! They deal with the problem, never verify if the problem was fixed - and their solution? Slow me down to 30.0 and charge me the same freaking rate.

Now, they have changed their TOS to warn people if their bill is 10 days late they'll disconnect you immediately and charge you a bunch of reconnection fees. This, after not being able to restore my service for ALMOST A YEAR?

THIS ISP IS IN SERIOUS TROUBLE. THEIR TECH SUPPORT IS THREE STATES AWAY AND CAN BARELY SPEAK PROPER ENGLISH. THEIR TECH SUPPORT DOES NOT FOLLOW UP AND IS INEPT IN FIXING EVEN THE MOST MINOR PROBLEM. DEAL WITH ANYONE BUT ACCESS US OR YOU'LL BE DEARLY SORRY.

Update: Last I heard they wen't under. Shouldn't have shocked me if they did.

member for 13.3 years, 525 visits, last login: a few hours ago