Cincinnati Bell page on DSLReports

Review by rtm330 See Profile

• Location: Dayton,Montgomery,OH
  • Telco party Cincinnati Bell
Good "The POTS seems to work fine in a sea of AT&T"
Bad "I had 5Mbps until *they* dialed me back"

5Mpbs (but throttled to 4Mbps, which nets approx 3200 down in real measurement).

The install went fine. I had DSL since 2000 thru AT&T, so I knew the drill.

»Connection buffoonery in Dayton

It was a nice touch when the Level 2 tech lady I talked to flipped a switch in putting me "back", and it completely fouled the line in real time. I got the message -- I knew that no matter what I said or did from that point, they weren't going to restore me to where I was. Or my neighbors, for that matter.

So, Cincinnati Bell -- if you're listening -- hear me:

- I was literally this (fingers held up with a millimeter between them) close to pursuing you for wireless service. You could've made a buttload of money from me and the four phones I'd probably end up buying from you. But no, you taught me that, yeah, we'll provide you with the service we promise for awhile, but when we dial you back, that's just tough for you, and we won't do a thing about it because we don't have to. Except of course, to expect you to keep paying the same amount for less service. That's your choice.

- My friend pays $43 a month for Uverse ... and it's awfully tempting, particularly with the various offers available from AT&T. The only thing that keeps me from switching is that AT&T and Time Warner use different Jedi Mind Tricks.

Comments: