Cogeco Cable page on DSLReports

Review by JB See Profile

Good "Fast"
Bad "Pricey"
Overall "Solid - peak slow downs sometimes. (See forums)"

Update - 11/15/2013

They upped the caps, speeds have been solid, still pricey.

Update - 02/7/2013

I moved and had Cogeco set up at my new place. I got a free HD Receiver rental for 12 months for a 1 year contract, not too bad. Internet is still flawless and they managed to raise their caps since my last update. TV is still good although the HD Receiver we received seems a little slow, we'll see how it works in a couple of months.

Update - 09/30/2010

Upgraded to the 30 Mb Extreme Package w/ 125 GB cap. Upgraded the package, got a new modem, plugged it in and instantly saw great speeds. Quick and pretty painless.

Have had a couple audio dropouts on my tv recently, may look into upgrading to digital cable.

Update - 11/13/2009
Had Cogeco Classic Cable TV Installed

Install went fine, pretty good price $28 / month and this also comes with a lower internet bill. So it's a pretty good deal. I am pleased that at least their installs go fine.

I adjusted my ratings accordingly, but Cogeco still has a long way to go in their internet department.

updated 1 year ago

Comments:

Zuzu

@bell.ca

Cogeco

We got a bill from them for $1200.00 on our 80 dollar a month plan. They are saying we used all that data which we didn't. We use less than 50 gigs a month. There are stories about cogeco doing this all over the web. There is no reason that cogeco can't prevent this from happening but we have come to believe that this is a money maker for them. We are not paying this bill. Does anybody know what we should do about this? Should we take this to small claims court?
We won't be using cogeco ever again and we strongly recommend you do not, unless you want bills like this.
Even bell has unlimited internet now.