Cogeco Cable page on DSLReports

Review by DSLJeans See Profile

• Location: Georgetown,ON
Good "nothing"
Bad "everything"
Overall "go with TekSavvy"

Frequent disconnections, unexplained outages. Tech support lies about them. They do not recognize customer loyalty, low caps, overpriced.. Slower than advertised speeds. Rep swore at me when I requested a credit. Retention department is useless, tries to get people to sign contracts for poor value. Service is useless for anything practical.

Comments:

Cogecosucks

@teksavvy.com

I agree completely

I miss 1 pay... 1 single freakin payment, and they send me a letter of disconnect 2 days ago. Only 2 days ago. No warning of any kind, no VM. I sent them an email to state that I was paying have of it yesterday, which I did, and the rest next Friday, all within their 7 day limit.
Am I able to order the Survivor Series PPV? NO! When I call it, they tell me I have to CALL accounting, but they're closed Sundays. I told Megan, the rep, that I had already emailed the accounting department to make arrangements. Her response: The letter says to contact the accounting department, not email. When the hell did CONTACT mean call specifically.
Constant disconnects as you said, which I was told when I first ordered the service that it was being looked at... BULLS!T it was, they never did a damn thing.
I haven't been able to access ON Demand, which I pay for, for almost 2 weeks.
All of this crap from them, and I get locked out for missing 1 single payment. Cogeco can stick their service straight up their a$$e$.
metrotitan

join:2008-11-21

Re: I agree completely

Best advice ever coming up here...

Stop using any and all of Cogeco's services.