Frontier Communications page on DSLReports

Review by staregazer See Profile

• Location: Sandyville,Jackson,WV
Good "Very consistent connection and speed for a rural area. They have dramatically increased speed, ping (15-20 ms) and reliability."
Bad "2 Year Contract Required for a small discount while competition doesn't require it. Some smart mouthed technicians"
Overall "Great service (a GOD send) but cable has better price and speed in some cases."

Satellite broadband which is a joke. Frontier is way better but then again almost anything is better than satellite.

A Westell 7500 modem with built in router was provided (updated to a Zyxel bonded modem).

Comments:

Lillian L Co

@frontiernet.net

E-mail

Frontier e-mail is terrible. I cannot get my mail very often and when I do I can read one and it freezes, I can't delete any mail, when I try to compose an e-mail it skips letters, and when I contact technical support I get a smart mouthed tech and after keying in my frontier telephone landline number to identify my account and the tech ask for it verbally I've been asked if I have my landline with Frontier Communications. My God. What kind of question is this? We pay almost $100.00 a month for the internet, frontier secure, and telephone service if you can call this service. Is there anyone who works for Frontier who can help a situation like this train wreck. Just like another train wreck I know.

yolarry

join:2007-12-29
Creston, WV

Re: E-mail

Never use a ISP e-mail account. you better off having something like gmail.