Frontier Communications page on DSLReports

Review by icex See Profile

• Location: USA
  • Telco party Focal
Good "100x better than colane cable!"
Bad "Install date took awile"
Overall "Love it"

7/20/13

I've had ups and downs lately with Frontier. It seems the service drops alot now adays, and stays down for 2-3 hours at a time sometimes.

I called and talked to a tech about the issue. He told me to plug my modem straight into my pc. When I informed him the modem was in bridge mode, he stated it would still work. I told him it would not because it goes through my linksys router. He got smart with me telling me I had no idea what I was doing and he has done this for years. I told him I've done it for years as well and know what I'm talking about. He creates a ticket and says it'll be installed the next week, and offers to sell me a bunch of bs.

The following Wensday it was fixed. Sometimes my speed goes down to 1-2mb and sometimes it'll still crash for hours, but not as bad as before.

I still recommend Frontier but expect to be treated with respect when I call their tech support.
-----------
*5/27/2012*
They upgraded me to 6mb. I have been getting around 5.5mbps steady. I love frontier (its alot better than colane cable!)

Ordered 3/26 and was given a install date of 4/9. Neighbor ordered 3/27 and got it 3/29. I waited paitently until the 5th and went to the Central office and asked why I hadent got mine installed yet. Next day they came and installed it.

I use to use colane cable, and had a 6mb package. I would only get 500k through the evenings with a ping of over 500. Horrible..

Anyway, Frontier was suppose to be 6mb but since they just installed the dslam it is currently 3mb and we are suppose to be updated to 6 by the end of the year

Overall im happy.

member for 9.9 years, 3218 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

scottymead

join:2007-07-29
Post Falls, ID

I love hearing peoples positive reviews I love it as well.