Frontier Communications page on DSLReports

Review by patrickp See Profile

• Location: Bloomington,Mclean,IL
Good "good speed because I'm only 610 line feet from main office or less than 1 block away"
Bad "thay are expensive without long term contract"
Overall "OK but they are all I have other than Comcast that I don't need the speed and higher price of"

I have the 7.1/768 maximum offered for DSL package, its never been down that I know of.
but the back haul lines to Chicago got clogged and slowed way down shortly after Frontier took over from Verizon and switched to their own main back haul lines. it took about 6 months but they did add capacity and so for kept up with demand.

But being I;m only 610 line feet from main telco office downtown Bloomington, IL. or less than a block away my speed stays same at around real speed testing average of 6.2/710 24hrs a day 7 days a week.

I'm satisfied but if I were out farther away from main office I probably would not be getting the good speed and reliability I have now from what I hear from others in this area of central IL. say.

I never had trouble with Verizon either before they sold their copper to Frontier.

Frontier does add extra fee's on top of their bill's that don't make any since, and asking them you get different answers from different people calling billing support as to what the fee's are for!

Comments: