Frontier Communications page on DSLReports

Review by Zionikk See Profile

• Location: North Baltimore,Wood,OH
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Internet Always On."
Bad "400Kbps instead of 3Mbps"
Overall "Not bad, will be much better when they fully deploy VDSL."

We had no choice but to use Frontier after Verizon sold out. In early 2011 our internet connection was always slow and the connection wasn't reliable at all. It would always disconnect and go out whenever it rained. I called and talked to customer service and they said it was because of an upgrade that they were doing in my area and told me that it wouldn't be complete until around March 2011. I made it through the outages and after March everything seemed to run fine.

Well not everything, my connection was reliable and it stopped going out. But I was paying for 3mb down but was only averaging around 400kb. I tried to get it fixed but they said that my area was congested. I ended up dealing with it until this year, my bill started getting higher and higher so I cancelled the service all together.

Update 12-20-2012:

Decided that I am going to get Frontier again, and I found out that I can now get up to 6Mps. I am also going to get a second connect line. I'm hoping that since I had to do a complete re-order that my speeds will be closer to the advertised ones. I'm not sure though because I'm still using all the old equipment. I will be updating again on the 24th when my internet is actually turned back on.

Also, I seen that a city in my county that is less than 20 miles away from me just recently got VDSL. They can now get speeds from 6-40Mbps. So I emailed the General Manager and he is sending a technician out to my town to see about our community getting VDSL. He even called me after I gave him my number in a second email and we discussed it more.

He seemed very happy that more customers were interested in getting VDSL and I just want to say that he is a great guy!

Comments: