Frontier Communications page on DSLReports

Review by isp10002 See Profile

Good "Consistent fast speeds"
Bad "Dissconects, Slow"
Overall "Decent service, frontier needs to work on getting faster speeds"

·Dish Network
·Verizon Wireless..
I got this installed a few days ago, we got the highest package we could get 3 Mbps down 768k up, speeds are very consistent I'm getting 2.5 mbps down and . 5 up all the time, fast speeds, but I wish I could get something a little faster but 3 Mbps Is fine I play Xbox live and rarely have lag, but I wish I could get faster speeds buy 3 Mbps will have to do.

Update 1 week later
So far frontier is doing great, but I'm getting 2.5 mbps down and . 6 upload out of the 3mbps down and 768k up. I play Minecraft and Xbox and have no lag, I plan on staying with frontier for a long time in till cable comes to my area. I can stream 720p videos with no buffering and 1080p with little buffering.

Update 1 Month later:
Still rock solid service, but i did notice something yestorday, It was raining heavily yestorday and i notice my xbox was lagging a bit, i do a speed test download and upload are fine, but ping is 105+ ms when is is usally below 75, hopefully it doesnt do this all the time or i will make frontier do something about it. I hope its not because of a waterlogged dsl line or bridge tap. But anyways still great service so far, The only thing that makes me mad is when a family member is streaming netflix when im playing xbox, then one of us has to get off. I hope to see a upgrade in another year or 2, Maybe they will get bonded out here or move us to a closer hub. But everything is great, Hopefully it stays like that.

May 18th:
Still rock soild service.

June 18th:
Nothing has changed.

July 25th:
Still great service!
EDIT August 4th: Recently we have been having problems with dead spots in some parts of the house. The net gear modem/router is downstairs in the basement so we got a cat 5 cable and ran it from the netgear 7550 in the basement to a new netgear n600 dual band router on the middle floor. Now we don't have dead spots in the house and everything works great.

November 24:
Still no problums

January 18th: Something really unexpected happened. Armstrong started putting up guide lines for FIOS on our poles. They said it will be up and running in 6 months or so. So when they get their stuff up i will switch to armstrong. But still i have nothing bad to say about frontier. All though in decemeber we had the service go down 2 times for about 2 hours for a unknown reason but was fixed.

2/24/2014:
Well this was unexpected. Well we were having problums with out internet latley and so have our neighbors. The internet would go down at least 3 times a day ranging from a few hours to all day. Eventionally we got a tech out and he worked on a few boxes down the road and did a complete modem reset. First day every thing was good, than we started having problums again but it wasent as bad before he came out. It now goes out maybe 1 time a day and a modem reboot usally fixes it. All i have to say is try to stay away from this company only go unless you really have to they arent the most reliable company but i am still some what satified.

4/5/2014: All problems seemed to have cleared up im guessing it may have been due to very cold weather effecting our old lines. Everything seems to be back to normal now

8/14/2014: Finally, after 1 year after have having Frontier, Armstrong Fiber finally got to our area, Which is getting installed tomorrow with a 15/2 package. We had a 1 year contract with Frontier and they renewed it AGAIN for some reason. We managed to clear the auto renew and are canceling our service tomorrow for Armstrong FIOS. All i have to say is only go with Frontier if you have no other options, Personally i had no problem with relablity with them but the problem is their service is slow (2mbps).

Comments:

Disappointed

@mycingular.net

Terrible service!

My father who is 75 just moved into a retirement community where Frontier is the only provider of internet/tv/phone service. He has waited over two weeks for a technician to come turn on his service only to get an automated call at the end of today to say they aren't going to make the appointment. I tried to call the number only to get a rude customer service rep to say he'll have to reshedule. Frontier has represented themselves very poorly. They missedare their appointment and the customer service rep stated their appointment times are a ot committments they just try to make the times. I have never experience such poor service. If we had a choice we would not use Frontier. Terrible!! Awful!!

Disappointed

@mycingular.net

Hate Frontie

@comcastbusiness.net
When we first switched to frontier, it took them 2 weeks to get our service turned on. The kept coming out and "flipping a switch" and nothing worked. After 4 visits we finally got them to come in a fix the outlets to get our service to work. When we moved we explained what had occurred during the initial install and asked that a technician come in and make sure everything was ok before they left. They refused and told us it wouldn't be necessary, so after 3 more "switch flipping" visits they told us they would come in a do the outlets again. But the technician took it upon himself to decide it wasn't unnecessary. And guess what? We still don't have internet. It has ow been 3 weeks and have another schedule today to get our service activated. What really makes me mad is that frontier is our ONLY choice for internet otherwise I would have been rid of those worthless idiots. We spoke two TWO supervisors now and were promised someone would come in. If they do not I will be in there office in Bloomington and making a scene. I am starting to wonder if they recruit their staff at the special Olympics.

isp10002

join:2012-10-24

Re: Worst service ever

What do you mean by "flipping a switch" where? on the nid?

hate frontie

@comcastbusiness.net

Re: Worst service ever

I don't know. That's what they said on the . That they just had to flip a switch and didn't have to ever come in the apartment.

Isp100022

@50.43.177.x

Re: Worst service ever

I feel so lucky to have good service, i can stream hd videos without buffering,the choices around here are century link or frontier and the highest they can provide is 3 mbps.

tech

@comcast.net
there is no switch to flip. the rep has to go to the central office and loop the line through the dsl equipment or if it is a remote changed the port to one with dsl or dial tone and dsl on it. there is no switch to flip
Jeep80909

join:2013-05-27
Lakeville, MN

Re: Worst service ever

That's not true...there's is a switch.

I signed up for DSL Lite and had it for 4 years then switched to DSL Max over the phone Frontier had to send me a new modem. Once installed I ran a speedtest and it was the same old speed, lite version, I called they sent a "tech" out. The tech called the office, they flipped the switch and it worked.

Now 2 months later, it's back to 0.77 Mbps!

I called again, this time she tried to sell me an "Upgrade" for $10 a month...Frontier Communication are lairs

I'm going to check out a hotspot.

tech

@comcast.net
did you have a self install or did you pay for a full install? self install means it is good to the nid on the side of the house, full install is good to the jack... so it matters what you got.

isp10002

join:2012-10-24

Re: Worst service ever

Ha i dont get how peoples wiring is so bad. My wiring was installed by gte 12+ years ago or more probally.