Frontier Communications page on DSLReports

Review by diablo1892 See Profile

• Location: Friendly,Tyler,WV
Good "Every website I load up is fully loaded before i know it."
Bad "Customer supprt needs a little tweaking."

·HughesNet Satell..
It may not be a fantastic company but it does what i need it for witch is hosting some game servers. Since I live so close to a nearby sub station, the technicians asked if i would like DSL bond ultimate. I don't know what bond ultimate means but we agreed to go with that. At end of installation, come to find out they had installed the wrong box on the side of the house so they will get that fixed ASAP.

Great company, just what i needed!
INSTALL DATE: 12/6/13

UPDATE 12/16/13
So Frontier had got the whole bandwidth capacity issue fixed. We are as of now getting 12952 Kbps / 1147 Kbps (according to the modem page)
Ran some tests and here is what I get:
»testmy.net/EDzJvwp.0M7LRyH.png
»testmy.net/4sUNArf.gKYO3WU.png
»testmy.net/PkEgQ1b.VDOtrIH.png
»testmy.net/DOqW6Va.8WcZnuv.png

I also have ran 20 ping time tests to see if anything had changed at all but I doubt anything did since the only thing they did was install bonded ultimate onto our service at the office. I get roughly 27ms with www.bing.com and get the same thing on my best pinged gaming server by counter strike global offensive. When I got a hold of someone by "cell" phone, it amazed me they give this such incredible technical support. When they say 24/7 technical support, they mean it!

All games are working excellent. I can host but with some lag due to distances between me and my friends that live on other side of globe. Connection strength is very clear. Only experienced one short outage so far, that occurred 2 nights ago for just 4, 2 minutes. I had no idea our old landline that still hangs from our old part of the house up to the phone pole on our property can do what it is doing now, line must be 25 or 30 years old by now but still very strong.

member for 3 years, 606 visits, last login: a few hours ago