HughesNet Satellite Broadband page on DSLReports

Review by Pesimist See Profile

• Location: Valley,Chambers,AL
Good "Connection speed on ProPlus of 1200/155 only in the AM (EST). Fine if you don't use Hughes in the afternoons or evenings,"
Bad "Customer service from India & Can't reach upper levels of tech support"
Overall "If you want to blow money for substandard service - Go with Hughes or stay with Dial up."
Mail,DNS,News:

·AT&T Southeast
Wow, 5-years since I dumped this crooked outfit, still visit the Hughes forums here frequently. Feel very sorry for those that don't have any alternate.

30 January 2008 - Bye Bye Hughes!

January 2008 (7-months with Hughes)
Well...All good things come and go, in this case the good was my original downloads of 1.1 - 1.2Mbps, which are now a thing of the past. I'm on the "ProPlus" 1.5Mbps/200kbps plan.
January 26th, 04:30PM - 268/26 kbps
January 25th, 08:23PM - 56/7 kbps
January 24th, 09:06PM - 331/7 kbps
January 23rd, 06:38PM - 81/26 kbps
January 22nd, 07:59PM - 63/19 kbps
January 21st, 07:41PM - 537/7 kbps

Speedtests after 9PM couldn't be accomplished, uploads went to zero (0), as well as my internet connection.

Comments:

scottymead

join:2007-07-29
Post Falls, ID
·HughesNet Satell..

I have more options

I have more options such has Frontier and Time Warner, but choose HugheNet for my internet, I haven't had any issues with my service, I am not a gamer, or one that watches movies off of netflix, I just do normal everyday stuff and it has always worked just fine, my speed tests have always been decent (5Mbps+)

Maybe I dont notice any issues because typically the hours im using it is between 11pm and 7am and here and there during the day.