HughesNet Satellite Broadband page on DSLReports

Review by Y_Soitenly See Profile

• Location: Morrilton,Conway,AR
Good "It beats Dial-Up, sometimes."
Bad "Having to reboot the Modem often. Tech Support is worthless."
Overall "If any other Broadband was available in my area, I would dump Hughes in a heartbeat."
Mail,DNS,News:

There are no other options in my area for Broadband or I would jump on it.

I've got the basic package at $60.00 a month.

Ordering the equipment was flawless, but the installer didn't ground the dish right. Found this out a couple of years later when I had another installer to come out to realign the dish. He fixed the ground then.

My first equipment was the DW4000 in 2003. Since then I have upgraded Modems 3 times and currently have the HN7000S Modem.

The good experiences is that it beats Dial-Up. The bad is Tech Support is worthless.

Update:

As of 12/8/12 I had Wildblue/Exede installed and dumped Hughesnet.

Hughesnet had gotten almost unusable during the day light hours and it was this way for the last 6 to 8 Months I had it. About the only time I could get anything done on the Internet was late at night when most people were in bed.

After I've had Exede for a while I'll give a review of it, but so far I'm very happy with it.

Comments:

countrylane

@72.171.16.x

terrible connection

Almost 4 weeks ago I got talked into upgrading to Gen4. Was told it would be 10x faster than the service I had. NOT!! I have to continually log out and log back on. I am so unhappy with this and really don't know what to do. HughesNet is absolutely no help at all. Sites will not "connect" and this happens anytime of the day or night. I would never recommend this company to anyone.