HughesNet Satellite Broadband page on DSLReports

Review by CountryGirl See Profile

Good "Not sure"
Bad "Everything"
Overall "Avoid Hugnesnet or You'll be sorry"
Mail,DNS,News:

My experience with Hughesnet has been a total waste of time and money. I tried to do a work from home side business, but my Hughesnet connection was very unreliable and way too slow. Forget about online gaming, streaming music, or videos.

I called Hughesnet about the problems I was having, and got a person overseas who barely spoke English. They told me that I just needed to upgrade my modem. I upgraded my modem and decided to go with the pro plan as well. Both didn't make much of a difference. Now I'm stuck with another extended contract, and nothing has made much of a difference. I'm about to loose my internet completely, because the hills we have are in the way of the satellite. I called Hughes again and they pretty much gave me the birdy. They told me that I would have to pay some outrageous early termination fee if I cancel early even though I can't get service.

We have broadband coming soon to my area, and can't wait to take my satellite dish with me to target practice.

Comments:
Kaosfury

join:2011-06-27
Altavista, VA

Question

You said this..... "I'm about to loose my internet completely, because the hills we have are in the way of the satellite."

explain.