ACD.net page on DSLReports

Review by msuguy71 See Profile

• Location: Haslett,Ingham,MI
Good "Quick install - may have had previous DSL user at this address"
Bad "Took longer to install this time, from 2 days to 7."
Overall "Good service and value"

·AT&T DSL Service
**UPDATE**

Returned to ACD.net after getting sick of AT&T and their new caps and overages. Getting ~19MB down and 1.1MB up. AT&T was only 6MB down on a good day. ACD.net is a better value, has a small town feel to the company, and everyone I have interacted with there seems nice. Only reason I left them for AT&T in the first place was a tech issue that could not be resolved and was preventing me from accessing remote files at school. Just wish they would become the next sonic.net for Michigan!

--------------------------------

Sick of Comcast's crap and increasing prices with decreasing quality I ordered ACD.net's newest deal for MSU students. They offer a 10Mb connection directly to MSU with MSU as the ISP. It is just like being on campus. The deal was 19.95 for 6 months then 39.95 for the remainder of the contract. Speeds are close to advertised. I get well over 10Mb when d/l from sites like Microsoft and I get some that are way slower, it all depends on the traffic out on the web. To get the great speeds I had to rewire my home phone lines with CAT 5 but it was worth it. The install was fast. I ordered online and received my equipment in 2 days. Plugged it in and got a status light. Don't know if it is because the previous owners of my house had DSL or not (I just bought this house 2 years ago) but they may have. Had to contact ACD after installing because speeds were really slow. They checked and said they had to dial me up. They did and away I went. After rewiring the house the speeds increased even more. Other than the one call to tech support no other problems. That call went well and the tech was polite and friendly. Occassional outages that last between 5 minutes and 30 minutes but don't happen often. Difficult to tell if outages are related to MSU or ACD. ACD will also send out emails notifying users of service outages due to service or equipment upgrades.

Don't like that I have to have auto credit card payment as I like to pay with various sources (ie: checking, savings, credit card) depending on my circumstances that month. Also don't like having to sign contracts. Cable modem did not require a contract.

All in all a very good company and a good service to get.

Comments: