Review by Shad0wlore
Good "Tech support seems good, once you get thru red tape"
- Location: USA
- Cost: $1200 per month (24 month contract)
- Install: about 382 days
Bad "One hand is never aware of what the other is doing. TERRIBLE."
Overall "If you have no other choice, then go with AT&T.. otherwise, stick to 2 cans and a string."
|Pre Sales information:|
Value for money:
Note: Total Monthly Cost is included in a package deal.
Can't begin where to start. We ordered a line install here to our corporate office, and it, quite literally, took AT&T over a year to activate a line.. that was already connected and lit up into our building. They ran connectivity years ago, but it was never utilized. The line techs that showed up tested the circuit, and said it was already lit up, and good to go.. all they had to do was run an extended connection into our phone room (from the mechanical room) and test the line.
However, in order for all this to happen... the Sales department had to place the order, and submit a request to have it installed. After a year of stupid decisions, we finally got a nice writeup from a tech supervisor about the whole chain of events:
1.) The sales rep placed the order in Feb of the year we ordered it. (Un-managed 20/20 circuit)
2.) The department that handles those orders didn't process it until May, as a managed 5/5 circuit.
3.) Techs got the order sent to them as a managed 5/20 circuit in June.
4.) Techs said that was a weird order, so contacted Sales dept to make sure it was correct in June.
5.) Sales dept corrected it as managed 1/20 circuit in August.
6.) Techs said that's even stranger, please check again, in August.
7.) Sales dept complains that techs are questioning their orders in August. Order placed on hold while petty squabble is ironed out.
8.) Sept: Tech supervisor checks up on outstanding installs, and sees ours.. inquires 4x over September for information.
9.) October, Sales dept tells techs the line is a 1/10 managed circuit.
10.) Tech apparently thinks sales dept are morons, and assumes it's a typo.. installs the line as a 10/10 managed circuit in October (3 days later).
11.) Sales dept tells us we have to wait for our equipment to come in since we ordered a managed circuit, and orders a router for us 2 days after install.
12.) Same day we get the sales notice, we inform them we already have our own equipment, that's why we ordered a 20/20 un-managed.
13.) Don't hear from sales dept for a month... in the meantime, a router has shown up. Sales person apologizes for the misunderstanding, and will have to order us some equipment to cover our managed circuit. (wait.. what?!?!)
14.) Late November, another router shows up... and we still have no connection. After having to explain in my 'slow' voice to salesperson on phone that we didn't order a managed circuit.. we ordered a 20/20 un-managed circuit they apologize and will get a tech out to complete the install within 5 business days.
15.) New Years eve (so much for that 5 days thing) a tech shows up and explains he got an emergency install notice.. isn't that happy that it's NYE (and neither am I, since I'm now going to have to stick around for the install). Installs the line.. turns it up... and can't get an active connection. Turns out he can't complete the install, because no one informed the NOC. While talking to the people at the NOC, they found the tech install order, and when I mention it's supposed to be a 20/20 un-managed connection... NOC tech points out it's in their system as a bunch of separate line installs. (Apparently they never deleted any of the old install requests, but just kept adding more and more lines.. and this point, I tell the tech he can go home and that's it.
Since I'm tired of typing now (and my BP is increasing remembering this whole fiasco)... it took almost 15 months to get a line configured properly. They installed it wrong, sold it wrong, and provisioned it wrong multiple times... then, afterwards, it was dropping connection every 2 hours on the nose.... techs came out, confirmed there was nothing wrong on this end, and had to fight and argue with techs on the other end. Mysteriously, everything straightened itself out, and AT&T tried to charge us for a tech to come out and fix our equipment... even though our equipment was out of the equation at the time.
If you have a chance to use AT&T.. or carrier pigeon... go with the pigeon.. it'd be more reliable, and more likely to listen to your requests.
member for 9.7 years, 1826 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated 25 days ago