Review by Roofer
Good "Reliable, no contract"
- Location: Edmonton,AB
- Cost: $57 per month
- Install: about 7 days
Bad "Poor communications, hidden price increases, untrustworthy"
Overall "Cannot recommend"
|Pre Sales information:|
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)
I had been a Shaw Internet customer for about 12 years. I was very happy with them until recently. I have cancelled my service and went to Telus.
Positives: Reliable infrastructure. Down times were minor, and tended to occur early in the morning. I also like not having to sign a contract, but other vendors also have this.
- Prices went up year after year at higher than the rate of inflation.
- Customers who received a discount for purchasing their modem found out later that they were paying the same cost as those who rent. This was effectively a 10% price increase but with no communications to to their customers.
- The enforcement of overage Internet use that can potentially add hundreds or thousands of dollars to a monthly bill. The only communication to customers was buried in a box on the second page of the bill where the advertisements usually go.
- The lowering of monthly caps, at a time when Internet usage of families are increasing. I find it repulsive that they will take something from you, and then charge you to get it back. Of course, the announcement is timed to occur just before Christmas when as few people as possible will notice.
- Generally speaking, Shaw is a company that is hostile to Internet users, as evidenced by their cap lowering, overage enforcement, and torrent throttling.
A company that deals in fine print (or no print) is not a company that I want to do business with. I could have tolerated the year after year rate increases, but other things are happening in what I consider to be such an underhanded fashion, that I no longer trust Shaw.
member for 3.2 years, 196 visits, last login: 1.4 years ago
updated 3.2 years ago