Shaw page on DSLReports

Review by molfert See Profile

• Location: Calgary,AB
Good "Great Uptime of service."
Bad "Multiple Service calls needed to resolve issues."
Overall "Good connection, slower speeds during primetime."

September 12, 2011 - With the recent slow response in the call centre for help I have downgraded my tech support rate to lowest possible.

June 29, 2011 - Upgraded to BB50 package. This service has been great for the most part. Consistently over 80% of my QOS even during peak interface traffic times. Glad to see UBB has been dealt with fairly.

Mar 7, 2011 - With the UBB review being done by Shaw I have updated my review to reflect the current no UBB cost hit.

Jan 14, 2011 - I have had this service since the fall of 1998 and it has been great. I have needed a few service calls over the years and both times repeat visits were needed. The new bandwidth transfer costs or UBB have made this product costly.

April 11, 2012 - Well UBB never did come into effect and they have a new method call "bump up". Its better UBB but no UBB would be best. This program is stated to come into effect in September of 2012. The biggest issue I have is reach speeds during prime time and has been noticeable since January 2012. My area has not received the digital network upgrade yet but sells BB50 and BB100 packages. I expect my speeds to be good again after this upgrade... whenever that happens. Social network support has been a nice addition.

Comments: