Review by crazyea
Good "Off peak speeds. Price."
- Location: Surrey,BC
- Cost: $150 per month
- Install: about 16 days
Bad "Peak time speeds. Phone line isnt as stable as I'd like."
Overall "Regardless of flaws it's still better than Telus at the moment."
|Pre Sales information:|
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)
Overall I am happy with the service. Why because there isn't another competitive option in terms of internet speed at the moment. And the price is quite decent.
- Yes I wish the tv packages were better. There are two many of my go to channels spread across useless theme packages.
- The phone line is good when it works. In all of my years on Telus it never went down even one time. Shaw phone has been down at least 3 times for a full day in the 3-4 months I have been a customer.
- The off peak speeds are great. The peak time speeds drop below 60% of package speeds and even on occasion much worse. I have had 29mbps on a Sunday night on the 100mbps service.
- Customer support isn't useful at all. They call to troubleshoot a peak time problem in the daytime and then say they cant do anything about it.
- Hold times to speak to a human over there are off the charts.
- If you don't need the overall speeds shaw offers, Telus was a much more consistent service.
- The gateway I purchased still has not received the promised features almost two years later.
- The BB100 is relatively consistent.
- The phone services has been stable over the past year.
- Shaw increases prices on a much too frequent basis.
- My tv service still lacks channels at a competitive price.
- I have the stupid gateway and I'm pretty much locked in unless I was to pay it out.
- Overall the service is decent at best, and Shaws tactics, customer service, and pricing increases are awful.
- If you can deal with slower speeds elsewhere, I'd suggest people look there instead.
member for 8.4 years, 444 visits, last login: 16 days ago
updated 1.8 years ago