Rogers Hi-Speed page on DSLReports

Review by oldsam See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Good speeds, reliable connection (olny one downtime in a year) and good customer support"
Bad "Horrible data caps, overpriced and dishonest customer service when first signed up"
Overall "Unless you are a light internet user (no streaming/downloading) this is the right deal for you, otherwise avoid at all costs."

I did get everything i signed up for, but they told me 60gbs will be more than sufficient for my activities, the blame goes on both sides, more from my side, which started this horrible one year contract with rogers.

First of all, they throttle all peer to peer activities (a maximum of 80 kbps), including services such as Skype a which use p2p for video calls, and others such as utorrent. This renders the connection almost unusable and HD video chatting is not even close to being an option. Not the greatest problem i guess. When i first signed up, they told me that i will have a grace period of 3 months to either terminate the contract or upgrade my package without being charged. After a about 5 weeks with rogers, i had enough and decided to cancel my contract (i was running over the data cap without even doing any serious work) only to be told that they changed the rules and i can no longer cancel it. I opted for option two, which was to upgrade to a package with a higher limit, will guess what, they reduced their data caps, and changing my plan would be nothing short of stupid. And so i got stuck in a horrible one year contract Rogers, It expires in a month and i honestly can't wait. I've been limiting my every single move online, scrapped off the whole idea of streaming and videos and kept it to basic activities, which for a user like me, is a painful task :P

Bottom line, never sign up with rogers if you use services such as Netflix, YouTube, Skype, utorrent, etc. because you will have to reduce your usage and greatly limit your online activities. Rogers is ideal for light users, due to its very stable connection, otherwise, plain and simple, NO.

Comments: