Rogers Hi-Speed page on DSLReports

Review by Tx See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Fast, reliable, direct tech support, never an issue with wait times when calling"
Bad "Pricing is out of this world, it's no wonder they are ranked some of the worst and bandwidth caps"
Overall "I recommend them only because of the reliability. Price, caps and non ethical business practice are other reasons not to."

·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
I'm not sure why people have such an issue with contracts. If you offer me a decent enough deal that i like i'll be happy to signup for 1-2 years. I don't ISP hop, so switching isn't in my future every year.

Rogers does have some crazy speeds, never a day where my latency was higher then 20ms, download speeds were always above advertised and upload was as advertised. The only problem with these 'fun' speeds were the caps. Just regular browsing and netflix i blew through them a few times.

They used to have a $50 maximum in overage fee's, now it's to a maximum of $100. If you're a heavy user, you're looking at $200+ for internet. The prices are astronomical. For this is why i do and i don't recommend them. If you have patience, go with a third party ISP. Teksavvy, Distributel, Start, ElectronicBox. Though they rely on the big guys at least their pricing is almost half the cost.

I want to hate them but no upfront costs, not a single issue over 18 months so far, it's been trouble free. Our household is on a 50% discount. Though we have TSI DSL in the house, i find myself using the rogers connection 99% of the time.

Comments: